pipe line error (psql command) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Hyung Joo Lee
Subject pipe line error (psql command)
Date
List pgsql-general

Hi all.

I got some error about psql pipeline.

I input the command in shell script below :

“shp2pgsql –d –w –I –s 987987(custom srid) test.shp test | psql –h testhost –d testdb”

The problem is, when I check the table list and geometry_columns table, that it doesn’t have schema_name “public”.

It’s like “select AddGeometryColumn(‘’,’test’,’the_geom’,987987,’MULTIPOLYGON’,2);”

There’s no ‘public’…

Before “|”, it doesn’t have an error. I confirmed the output messege by using “echo”.

If I copy the command before “|” like “shp2pgsql –d –w –I –s 987987 test.shp test”, and then typing by keyboard the “| psql –h testhost –d testdb”

It is working well including ‘public’. It’s occurred error only after executing shell script like $./test.sh

How can I do? What should I change or something to do?

Thanks in advanced.

Kevin Lee.

Best Regards.