Re: PostgreSQL and SOAP, suggestions? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From mlw
Subject Re: PostgreSQL and SOAP, suggestions?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
That function looks great, but what happens if you need to return 1
million records? Wouldn't you exhaust all the memory in the server? Or
can you stream it somehow?

I have an actual libpq program which performs a query against a server,
and will stream out the XML, so the number of records has very little
affect on efficiency. I think the table2xml function is great for 99% of
all the queries, but for those huge resultsets, I think it may be
problematic.

What do you think?

BTW, I routinely have queries that return millions of rows.