Re: View definition formatting - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: View definition formatting
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Perhaps we could make pg_get_ruledef and friends try to prettyprint
> their output a little better, instead of duplicating such logic in
> various clients (which couldn't do nearly as well at it anyway without
> re-parsing the string :-().
>
> Does anyone have code that depends on these functions returning
> single-line output?  (I suppose the pg_rules and pg_views views might
> get a bit ugly, but perhaps psql could be taught to format data with
> embedded newlines better than it does now...)

Well, phpPgAdmin kind of assumes that it does, however since it's written to a webpage, it will appear as one line
anyway. I would need to just convert newlines to <br>s that's all.

The other dependency would be the new rule and trigger defs in that patch I sent in for psql recently.  (And was
committed).

Chris