Re: Select For Update question - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Barry Lind
Subject Re: Select For Update question
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Jean-Christian,

You are using the correct syntax.  The only thing I can think of is that
the locks are being released because you are ending the transaction by a
commit or rollback.  You are running with AutoCommit turned off aren't
you?  Without autocommit being turned off, the locks will be immediately
released as soon as the statement autocommits and ends the tranaction.

thanks,
--Barry