Re: Roadmap for FE/BE protocol redesign - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: Roadmap for FE/BE protocol redesign
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
<snip>>>Would it be feasible to investigate approaches for having the Win32 and>>PITR work be shared amongst a few
very-interestedvolunteers, so that>>people can cover for each other's downtime?  Not sure of the>>confidentiality level
ofthe Win32/PITR patches at present, but I'd>>guess there would be at least a few solid volunteers willing
to>>contributeto the Win32/PITR ports if we asked for people to step>>forwards.>> Why should we be the ones to ask for
pplto step forward to volunteer to> help?  Shouldn't it be the responsibility of the developer working on it> to admit
thatthere is no way they will make the scheduale and call for> help?

Hadn't thought of that.  Um.. how about "whatever works"?  It's sounds
like the kind of thing where some people may be offended if we suddenly
started asking for extra volunteers for their bits, and others in the
same situation wouldn't.

Now that you mention it, it's probably a matter of getting that bit
correct I suppose.  :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

- Indira Gandhi