Numbering of the next release: 8.0 vs 7.4 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Clift
Subject Numbering of the next release: 8.0 vs 7.4
Date
Re: Numbering of the next release: 8.0 vs 7.4
Re: Numbering of the next release: 8.0 vs 7.4
List pgsql-hackers
Hi everyone,

Thinking about the numbering further.

Would it be cool to decide on the version numbering of our next release
like this:
 + If it looks like we'll have Win32 and/or PITR recovery in time for   the next release, we call it PostgreSQL 8.0
 + If not, we call it 7.4

Win32 and PITR are great big features that will take us a long way to
the goal of Enterprise suitability.  They're worth making some specific
marketing/branding efforts about and making a big fuss, that why I'd
like to see them in an 8.0 release.

Sound feasible?

:-)

Regards and best wishes,