Re: Table Partitioning in Postgres: - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jean-Luc Lachance
Subject Re: Table Partitioning in Postgres:
Date
List pgsql-general
Shridhar,

I think you missed the most important point.

Regardless of the hardware, having a large table partitioned (not
necessarely split across multiple discs) on a particular keyfield will
improve performance when that keyfield is involved in the query.