unicode driver + text fields as primary keys - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Stefanos Karasavvidis
Subject unicode driver + text fields as primary keys
Date
List pgsql-odbc
I have
postgresql 7.3 on a unicode database on linux
the 7.02.00.05 unicode beta odbc driver
work through Access 2000 linked tables on windows 2000

I'm trying to connect to a table which has a text field as primary key
(only latin characters in the primary key) but when opening this table
all data fields are displayed with a "#deleted" entry. (table definition
at the end)

When using the "show oid" option the table data displays properly.
There is also no problem when using the "simple" odbc driver, but of
course in this case my international text data is messed up.

I remember that I had read somewhere that there are problems when text
fields are used for primary keys, but obviously the problem is with the
unicode driver as the simple one works just fine.

I have tried the various options of the driver with no luck.

I also tried the versions at
http://www.geocities.jp/inocchichichi/psqlodbc/

Using the oid field is no option for my application, so I need some way
to work with the table as is.

Any help is appreciated

Stefanos

CREATE TABLE t_photo_tour (
   pt_img_name varchar(50) NOT NULL,
   pt_text_el varchar(255),
   pt_text_de varchar(255),
   pt_text_en varchar(255),
   pt_width int4,
   pt_height int4,
   pt_display_order int4,
   pt_last_update timestamp,
   pt_new_ota_id int4,
   pt_img_last_update timestamp,
   CONSTRAINT pk_t_photo_tour PRIMARY KEY (pt_img_name)
) WITH OIDS;