Re: Strange behaviour of JDBC driver for PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Fernando Nasser
Subject Re: Strange behaviour of JDBC driver for PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Carlos Correia wrote:

> Dave Cramer wrote:
>
>> Carlos,
>>
>> Is this a new message today, or one from yesterday?
>>

> Dave,
>
> It is the same messge, but as I think that everyone is misunderstooding
> the problem, I'll try to resume it:
>
> 1. I don't know why the driver reports version 6.5.2, as I don't have
> such a version.

The JDBC driver receives the version from the database backend when
connecting and that is what is printed by the
getDatabaseProductVersion() function.  There is no way it can generate a
6.x.x version number by itself.

You _must_ be connecting to a 6.5.2 backend.

--
Fernando Nasser
2323 Yonge Street, Suite #300