Re: Postgresql community edition upgrade - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Scott Ribe
Subject Re: Postgresql community edition upgrade
Date
List pgsql-admin
> On Oct 13, 2022, at 3:42 AM, Ebin Jozer <ebinjozer@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> We have master and slave environment. So for upgrade we have upgrade first in slave and then in master environment.
Pleaseconfirm

Depends on your HA requirements.

Easiest: shut down primary and all db access, upgrade one, bring it back up as primary, upgrade other and bring it back
onlineas replica.

Harder: use a replication scheme that works across versions (publish/subscribe, pglogical, londiste, bucardo) so that
youcan bring up a new replica on the new version, switch over to it with minimal downtime (just enough to make sure
changesfrom master have been replicated), then turn the former primary into a new  replica.