Re: How does postgres handle non literal string values - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Charles H. Woloszynski
Subject Re: How does postgres handle non literal string values
Date
List pgsql-sql
Vernon:

Agreed.  We use Struts (as our MVC framework), and then a data access
layer (we call persistables) that uses the PreparedStatements. Our JSPs
only get data to render *after* the business logic has decided that all
logic has been performed successfully.

The end-result is easily compartmentalized code (lots of code factoring)
that makes for very robust applications.  We are working on moving this
framework to PostgreSQL (from Oracle) and we expect to have to touch the
SQL statements (which are each in their own class, again for re-use) and
perhaps two or three other classes to deal with any JDBC driver issues.  When we make the transition successfully, I
hopeto be able to

publicize the work and the value of PostgreSQL.

Charlie

--

Charles H. Woloszynski

ClearMetrix, Inc.