Re: How does postgres handle non literal string values - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Charles H. Woloszynski
Subject Re: How does postgres handle non literal string values
Date
List pgsql-sql
Actually, we use JDBC Prepared Statements for this type of work.  You
put a query with '?' in as placeholders and then add in the values and
the library takes care of the encoding issues.  This avoids the double
encoding of (encode X as String, decode string and encode as SQL X on
the line).  There was a good article about a framework that did this in
JavaReport about a 18 months ago.

We have gleaned some ideas from that article to create a framework
around using PreparedStatements as the primary interface to the
database.  I'd suggest looking at them.  They really make your code much
more robust.

Charlie

--

Charles H. Woloszynski