Re: The PostgreSQL Advocacy and Marketing group - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Ewald Geschwinde
Subject Re: The PostgreSQL Advocacy and Marketing group
Date
List pgsql-advocacy

Justin Clift schrieb:

>Hi guys,
>
>For the foreseeable future, I'm practically out of time to take care of
>any Advocacy stuff.
>
>i.e. Stuff I can do:
>
>- Throw in a comment here and there, assist with some guidance if needed
>now and again, etc.
>
>Stuff I can't do (any more):
>
>- Co-ordinating PostgreSQL Advocacy and Marketing efforts
>- Technical changes to the webserver side of things
>- Consistently read the list
>- Much at all in relation to this
>
>The will is there, the practical reality of being able to get everything
>done is not.  :-/
>
>At least one direct email requiring some form of response is coming in
>every 5 to 8 minutes (not counting mailing lists), 24 hours a day, 5
>days a week (less on weekends thankfully), and this is impacting
>things.  Presently I'm dropping stuff everywhere, and that's just not
>cool.
>
>So, we need to do some organising of who does what for the PostgreSQL
>Advocacy and Marketing group.
>
>Initial list of what needs to be covered:
>
>- Who will now do backend Advocacy site changes?  A couple of you
>already have accounts on the server.
>

>- Who knows or is willing to learn Zope and ZWiki, so that areas needing
>collaboration can leverage from this combo?

I think that is my duty :-)
I want to get into zope and python.

>- Who will drive specific initiatives?
>

>  i.e.
>
>  The 7.3 Press Release, and the translations of it
>  The list of GUI tools
>  and so forth

German translations this way :-)

Maybe someone is making a list of names who will be responsible for what?

Hopefully some persons want to do the same things. So if we have "drop
outs" we have one who knows the stuff

Regards Ewald