Re: The PostgreSQL Advocacy and Marketing group - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: The PostgreSQL Advocacy and Marketing group
Date
Re: The PostgreSQL Advocacy and Marketing group  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, 2002-11-25 at 15:32, Justin Clift wrote:
> "Marc G. Fournier" wrote:
> >
> > On 25 Nov 2002, Robert Treat wrote:
> <snip>
> > > I'd suggest we concentrate on what needs to be done for 7.3 roll out,
> > > since that is the most pressing issue by far, and after roll out we can
> > > address the other areas. I can put together a list of TODO's for the
> > > roll out so we all see what we're up against.
> <snip>
>
> Robert, do you feel that between Josh and yourself, plus other
> contributors, we can have a finalised English version ~24 hours from
> now?

We can shoot for it. Here's the todo list:
* remove "best is better than ever" verbiage
* add in developer quote (I haven't heard from peter yet)
* reword all changes paragraph
* final spell / grammar check press release

It would also be nice if someone could spruce up the "all changes" page.
You don't need access to the server, just grab the web page and fix it
up and send it to me (or a patch even) and I'll put it in place.

> It's probably also a good move to organise who the translators for each
> langauge will be and get them prepared, as there are a few people that
> were previously unsure if they'd have time to do it.

I don't have a list of translators so someone needs to get that list
together. I'd suggest sending out an email to all the translators today
to prep them and find out if we can get translations back by Wednesday
morning.

> Anyway, it's in your hands now.

This is the part where I say something spirited and uplifting that
motivates everyone to give 110% rather than something wry and cynical
like I normally do, right? :-)

Robert Treat