Re: help in starting up / shutting down postgres as another - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Medi Montaseri
Subject Re: help in starting up / shutting down postgres as another
Date
List pgsql-general
You can use su(1) from a script and setuid(2) from a C program to become
who ever
but not 'root' to launch postgres.

PG needs a database administrator. Most people use postgres. But you can
use anything
you want.