Re: Status - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Ewald Geschwinde
Subject Re: Status
Date
List pgsql-www
I think it will be all in php
cause the admin is not for public and so their ias not much traffic on these files

But as everyone like
I can implement both ways.
does not matter
ewald

Vince Vielhaber schrieb:
On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, Ewald Geschwinde wrote:

Thats just what I mean
II don't have rights to set an environment up like this

So can anyone make this for me

This will be needed for the admin of news and events for the
wwwdevel.postgresql.org
I have an easier way if everything's in php.  A couple of them actually.
But nothing stops you from creating a subdir, putting a .htaccess in it
and pointing to a file in your homedir provided it's group writable so
others can change their passwords or add a user or whatever.

Refards Ewald

Dave Page schrieb:

For the pgAdmin site (on the other server), I use a simple .htaccess
system for controlling access to the admin pages. It's just a file
(.htaccess) that lives in a directory and tells apache to grant access
to users in the given password file. The password file is setup by an
apache utility called htpasswd.

It's very simple, but does the job without requiring any special code.

Let me know if I should set it up - I guess the people who might
approve items would be (based on the fact that we already make
decisions on what goes on the various sites):

Marc Fournier
Vince Vielhaber
Justin Clift
Dave Page
Bruce Momjian

Regards, Dave.
   -----Original Message-----   From: Ewald Geschwinde [mailto:webmaster@geschwinde.net]   Sent: 15 November 2002 14:04   To: Dave Page   Cc: Justin Clift; pgsql-www-main@postgresql.org; Marc G. Fournier   Subject: Re: [pgsql-www-main] Status
   Maybe I'm to silly but I don't know exactly what you mean
   How do you check the users?
   Per apache or per application
   .htaccess and htpasswd are apache things but they can be use with   mod_auth
   please bring light to my dark place :-)   Ewald

   Dave Page schrieb:

    Not yet, do you want me to create one, or are you happy with   .htaccess and htpasswd?
   Regards, Dave.
       -----Original Message-----       From: Ewald Geschwinde [mailto:webmaster@geschwinde.net]       Sent: 15 November 2002 10:43       To: Justin Clift       Cc: Dave Page; pgsql-www-main@postgresql.org; Marc G. Fournier       Subject: Re: [pgsql-www-main] Status
       ok will think about it
       the link of the advocacy page is updatet
       Is there already a secure web area where I can save the       administration tool for the news,events???
       Ewald

       Justin Clift schrieb:

Hi Ewald,

Ewald Geschwinde wrote:

Jobs site???

Yep.  jobs.postgresql.org

A place for people to be able to know what PostgreSQL related jobs are
around, therefore encouraging community growth by increasing the
employment opportunities for PostgreSQL skilled people.  :)

Maybe I can help with this to get this things out faster

If you want to do so, that would be great.  Robert may have ideas on
this as well, but not sure.

Will it be also an php-site?

The old site started out that way, but didn't get very far.

If we're going to re-start completely, our options are flexible.

:-)

The gborg does look good to me

I will place the advocacy link behind "What Is"

Cool.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift