Re: Status - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Vince Vielhaber
Subject Re: Status
Date
List pgsql-www
On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, Ewald Geschwinde wrote:

> Thats just what I mean
> II don't have rights to set an environment up like this
>
> So can anyone make this for me
>
> This will be needed for the admin of news and events for the
> wwwdevel.postgresql.org

I have an easier way if everything's in php.  A couple of them actually.
But nothing stops you from creating a subdir, putting a .htaccess in it
and pointing to a file in your homedir provided it's group writable so
others can change their passwords or add a user or whatever.

> Refards Ewald
>
> Dave Page schrieb:
>
> > For the pgAdmin site (on the other server), I use a simple .htaccess
> > system for controlling access to the admin pages. It's just a file
> > (.htaccess) that lives in a directory and tells apache to grant access
> > to users in the given password file. The password file is setup by an
> > apache utility called htpasswd.
> >
> > It's very simple, but does the job without requiring any special code.
> >
> > Let me know if I should set it up - I guess the people who might
> > approve items would be (based on the fact that we already make
> > decisions on what goes on the various sites):
> >
> > Marc Fournier
> > Vince Vielhaber
> > Justin Clift
> > Dave Page
> > Bruce Momjian
> >
> > Regards, Dave.

Vince.
--
   http://www.meanstreamradio.com       http://www.unknown-artists.com
         Internet radio: It's not file sharing, it's just radio.