Re: Win2K Questions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jean-Luc Lachance
Subject Re: Win2K Questions
Date
List pgsql-general
Scott,

You answered the question yourself.  The operative keyword her is
*before* the transaction started.
You store the global count before the transaction. While in a
transaction, you save the number of inserted and deleted records. When
*all* parallel transactions are commited, you update the global count
with the total of of updated and deleted records. If a connection start
a new transaction before the other transactions have been
commited you take the global count plus the adjustment from the previous
transaction.

JLL