Re: About that DBTools Postgres manager - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Diogo Biazus
Subject Re: About that DBTools Postgres manager
Date
List pgsql-advocacy

>I probably won't be the only one to point this out, but there *is* a
>phpPgAdmin - check out:
>
>http://sourceforge.net/projects/phppgadmin/
>
>I haven't tried it yet myself, but just a week ago I was as surprised
>as you must be now to hear about it.
>
>It's at v2.4.2 as of this past July.

I've been using phpPgAdmin for a while too and it's very impressive.
Better than a lot of traditional GUI apps.

>It seems there's no shortage of PostgreSQL tools, just a shortage of
>publicity for them - even Pg fans like you and I are just finding out
>about these now, while phpMyAdmin seems to get an article a week.
>
>That's definitely something we can change with advocacy and
>promotion.

I agree totaly with you.
And there's a few others too, like Xpg (http://www.kazak.ws/xpg/) and
DataArchitect (http://www.thekompany.com/products/dataarchitect/ - this
one is for database design, like ERwin).

--
Diogo de Oliveira Biazus
diogo@ikono.com.br