Couple quick questions.... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dan Ostrowski
Subject Couple quick questions....
Date
List pgsql-general
Hullo all.

Developing with PostgreSQL for the first time, and just had a few quick
questions:

1)  How are indexes recorded? Is there a system table that stores
sequences/indexes, or are they stored internally?  I would like to be
able to access ALL sequences/indexes in a database just by name, so i
can have a program do maintenance ( i.e. delete them when needed ).

2) I need functionality akin to a "DESC table"  where i can get a query
result ( from an API, not the command line program ) that describes
type, name, etc. about the fields in a table.  I know this one has been
answered here, but i seem to have lost the message i saved about it.

Thanks very much,
dan