Re: DAFS? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Medi Montaseri
Subject Re: DAFS?
Date
List pgsql-general
FYI, some of my kernel engineer friends are totally scared of File
Systems on top of block devices,
particularly the buffer cache....maybe they know something....I was
always under the impression
that DB engine writers don't like to deal with Filesystems as a file
could consists of
spread blocks (even zero padded ones) and the only way to be sure that
you do have
contingues blocks is to go after the raw device itself.

Anyways, thanks for the reply....