Re: newbie question for return date - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Medi Montaseri
Subject Re: newbie question for return date
Date
Re: newbie question for return date  (terry@greatgulfhomes.com)
List pgsql-general
Hey a suggestion, what if PG would support the negative limit as in
select * from table limit -1 to mean limit it from the other end of
list.....

Sort of like some languages where they support

array[1] vs array[-1].

I'm not sure, but it looks like order by will sort the list which is
expensive and then
allow us to get the first chunk specified by limit.