User functions not displayed by \df - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Hadley Willan
Subject User functions not displayed by \df
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,
  I was working on a database, and then I decided to cut across to a new
version and import what I wanted manually. I created my new database and
am now bringing across what I want from my .sql text files. These files
tend to contain a table definition and any triggers and associated
functions.

However, in my new database, if I copy a function definition from my
editor and paste it into the terminal window, it succeeds in creating
it, and it works, but when I do a \df it's not shown?!

If I type a new function in by hand into the terminal window, it shows
up?!

However, once the "ghost" function exists, even retyping it by hand does
make it show up in the \df. Even dropping it and recreating it by hand
does not make it show up.

I've also tried piping the function in via the CLI. Again, it gets
created but I still can't see it.

Also, I've logged in as the "postgres" user and they can't see the
functions as well. But they work?!

I'm a bit confused as to why this functionality has changed and what it
is that I may be doing/done wrong?

Thanks.
--
Hadley Willan > Systems Development > Deeper Design Limited.
hadley@deeper.co.nz > www.deeperdesign.com > +64 (21) 28 41 463