Re: PREPARE / EXECUTE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hans-Jürgen Schönig
Subject Re: PREPARE / EXECUTE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
This is exactly what we do in case of complex stuff. I know that it can
help to reduce the problem for the planner.
However: If you have explicit joins across 10 tables the SQL statement
is not that readable any more and it is still slower than a prepared
execution plan.

I guess it is worth thinking about prepared plans somewhere on disk.
Is there a way to transform ASCII -> plan?
   Hans

--
*Cybertec Geschwinde u Schoenig*
Ludo-Hartmannplatz 1/14, A-1160 Vienna, Austria