Can't write lock file - Mailing list pgsql-general

From MT
Subject Can't write lock file
Date
List pgsql-general
I have Apache and Postgres set up on a Red Hat 7.1 system. I recently
added PHP in order to be able to use phpPgAdmin, and since then
postgresql is no longer working. Here's a broad outlineof what I did:

rpm -e PHP
Downloaded and compiled PHP 4.1.2
# ./configure --with-pgsql --with-xml --with-apxs=/etc/httpd/bin/apxs
recompiled apache 1.3.24 to use modules
restarted apache

Now I could see the phpPgAdmin page.
On viewing it a 2nd time I got:

You have chosen to download a file of type: application/x-httpd-php

At first I thought the problem was php related, until I realized I
couldn't access the database.

When I tried to manually start postgresql I got the following message:

/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/data/
FATAL 1:  Can't write lock file /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432.lock: No space left
on device

I read up on this but found no satisfactory solution.

Please help.

Mark