Re: Stored procedure returning row or resultset - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Brian Blaha
Subject Re: Stored procedure returning row or resultset
Date
List pgsql-sql
If your f1, f2, and f3 functions depend only on their arguments; that
is, if you call one
of those functions with the same set of arguments, it will return the
same answer every
time, you can define the functions as "iscachable" as follows:

create function f1()
language ...
with (iscachable);

That way, using your SELECT statement, f1 would only be computed once.
Furthermore,
if you call it a while later with the same arguments, it might not be
computed at all.