Re: Script to compute random page cost - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: Script to compute random page cost
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

As an end result of all this, do we now have a decent utility by which
end user admin's can run it against the same disk/array that their
PostgreSQL installation is on, and get a reasonably accurate number for
random page cost?

ie:

$ ./get_calc_cost
Try using random_page_cost = foo

$

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

first group; there was less competition there."  - Indira Gandhi