Re: How to find out about index - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Savita
Subject Re: How to find out about index
Date
Re: How to find out about index  ("Shridhar Daithankar" <shridhar_daithankar@persistent.co.in>)
List pgsql-general
Hi Everybody,

Thanks for all the help.I am able to create the indexs now but still not able to use
vaccum analyze command.I am using postgre 7.1.3 since this is our project requirement.

I have one more question,Is anybode has tried making postgre start up as window NT
service ???Is it possible to do this ???

Please give your suggestion on this.

Tom Lane wrote:

> Savita <savita@india.hp.com> writes:
> > When I type the command
> > CYCLE4#EXPLAIN ANALYZE
> > CYCLE4# select * from os_customer_master where OUTSOURCER_LEGACY_CUSTOMER_ID='66';
> > why I get the error
> > ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "ANALYZE"
>
> In that case you must be running PG 7.1 or older.  EXPLAIN's ANALYZE
> option is new in 7.2.
>
> This will also mean you need to say "VACUUM ANALYZE" to update the
> planner statistics, not just "ANALYZE" as I suggested in my previous
> message.
>
> On the whole I'd recommend updating to PG 7.2.3 instead.

Best Regards
- Savita
Hewlett Packard (India)
+91 80 2051288 (Phone)