Re: How to find out about index - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: How to find out about index
Date
List pgsql-general
On 9 Oct 2002 at 11:29, Savita wrote:
> Thanks for all the help.I am able to create the indexs now but still not able to use
> vaccum analyze command.I am using postgre 7.1.3 since this is our project requirement.

I recommend you revaluate. I have seen customer insisting on RHL7.2 etc. But
frankly that doesn't make sense given 6 month cycle of typical linux distros.
Same goes for postgresql. I guess that 7.1.3 comes from what came bundled with
a particular version of a particular distro. That's not best way to evaluate
deployment requirements. IMO that is..

> I have one more question,Is anybode has tried making postgre start up as window NT
> service ???Is it possible to do this ???

Yes it is. The version is in it's beta I guess. I will post the url once I
found it.

Bye
 Shridhar

--
Death wish, n.:    The only wish that always comes true, whether or not one wishes
it to.