Re: Import textfile as table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: Import textfile as table
Date
Re: Import textfile as table  ("scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com>)
List pgsql-general
On 2 Oct 2002 at 18:01, Michelle Konzack wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have gotten a 16 MByte textfile with around 27.000 lines of data
> which contains a database with 22 fields which are <TAB> seperated.
>
> How can I import it into a (new) table and or new
> database of pgsql.

You can use \copy in psql. I don't know how would you specify tab as delimeter.
May be you should convert it to some other delimeter like ':' or ',' if tab
does not work.

Get a small chunk of that file. First 100 records or so and experiment.
Otherwise it might get quite irritating..;-)

Bye
 Shridhar

--
White's Statement:    Don't lose heart!Owen's Commentary on White's Statement:
...they might want to cut it out...Byrd's Addition to Owen's Commentary:    ...and