Re: Performance w/ multiple WHERE clauses - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Aaron Held
Subject Re: Performance w/ multiple WHERE clauses
Date
List pgsql-sql
I am running pg 7.2 the PG reference build.

Thanks for the ANALYZE tip,  it led me to a answer.

This database gets a monthly update and it read only until the next
update.  I ANALYZE once after each update.  Since the data does not
change I should not need to ANALYZE again afterwards.

I mentioned this to the dbadmin that manages the data and found out one
of the other users UPDATED some of the columns the morning that I was
seeing this behavior.

I'll reANALYZE and see what happens.

Thanks,
-Aaron Held