Re: Performance w/ multiple WHERE clauses - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Performance w/ multiple WHERE clauses
Date
List pgsql-sql
Aaron,

> This database gets a monthly update and it read only until the next
> update.  I ANALYZE once after each update.  Since the data does not
> change I should not need to ANALYZE again afterwards.

Actually, if the database is read-only between updates, you should:

ANALYZE
VACUUM FULL FREEZE

... between data updates, which will give you the best performance possible.
But not if the data is actually going to be edited, even slightly.

See the online manual entries about VACUUM for an explanation.

--
-Josh BerkusAglio Database SolutionsSan Francisco