Data Dump Issue - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Murali Mohan Kasetty
Subject Data Dump Issue
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

   I'm trying to dump the data from one PostgreqSQL 7.1.3 server to
another PostgreqSQL 7.1.3 server.

   As per the documentation given, I have used the following commands
for the dump

In first server
----------------------------
pg_dump -o dbname  >  outfile

Its created outfile without any errors.

In Second server
------------------------------------
(1) ./createdb dbname
(2) ./psql dbname  <  outfile

When I try to run the command (2)  in Second server, I got the following

error

"pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
        before or while processing the request.
        PQendcopy: resetting connection"

and the error message on Postmaster console is  "Socket command type \
unknown"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Murali