Re: Data Dump Issue - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Data Dump Issue
Date
List pgsql-general
Murali Mohan Kasetty <kasetty@india.hp.com> writes:
> When I try to run the command (2)  in Second server, I got the following
> error

> "pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
>         This probably means the backend terminated abnormally
>         before or while processing the request.
>         PQendcopy: resetting connection"

> and the error message on Postmaster console is  "Socket command type \
> unknown"

You sure that's the only message?  This looks like the second backend
has rejected some line of COPY data (probably due to a foreign-key or
unique constraint).  The relevant error would be before the complaint
about socket command unknown.

            regards, tom lane