Re: logging hook for database audit - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: logging hook for database audit
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> I can see the potential value of per-destination minimum message
>> levels,
>> so maybe you should just propose that.  But this is a bad place for a
>> hook.
>
> Features I tried to implement are following:
>
>  * per-destination minimum message levels
>  * per-destination log line prefix
>        (syslog has their own prefix, but stderr has no default prefix)
>  * per-category minimum message levels
>        (don't write sql logs in syslog, but can write other LOGs)
>
> I'll take a direction to make them into some pieces of core patches.

I have been working with josh tolley that changes some infrastructure
around this, with one of the future goals to be able to implement just
this kind of features. I need to merge some changes from josh, and
will then try to post a wip patch as soon as possible. Please look at
this one before you start working on this - probably theoverlap will
be very large.

/Magnus