Re: logging hook for database audit - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Itagaki Takahiro
Subject Re: logging hook for database audit
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> I think the proposal to put a hook here is an end-run to try to avoid
> getting a detailed feature proposal past the criticism of pgsql-hackers,
> and I don't like that either.

I see. If there are bugs in logging module, no one can know research the cause.

> I can see the potential value of per-destination minimum message levels,
> so maybe you should just propose that.  But this is a bad place for a
> hook.

Features I tried to implement are following:
 * per-destination minimum message levels * per-destination log line prefix       (syslog has their own prefix, but
stderrhas no default prefix) * per-category minimum message levels       (don't write sql logs in syslog, but can write
otherLOGs)

I'll take a direction to make them into some pieces of core patches.

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro
NTT Open Source Software Center