problem with new autocommit config parameter and jdbc - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Barry Lind
Subject problem with new autocommit config parameter and jdbc
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Haris,

You can't use jdbc (and probably most other postgres clients) with
autocommit in postgresql.conf turned off.

Hackers,

How should client interfaces handle this new autocommit feature?  Is it
best to just issue a set at the beginning of the connection to ensure
that it is always on?

thanks,
--Barry

snpe wrote:

   >Hi Dave,
   >That is same.Program work with and without quote but row don't deleted.
   >Postgresql is 7.3 beta (from cvs) and parameter autocommit in
postgresql.conf
   >is off (no auto commit).
   >I am tried with db.autocommit(true) after getConnection, but no success
   >
   >I thin that is bug in JDBC
   >PGSql 7.3 beta have new features autocommit on/off and JDBC driver
don't work
   >with autocommit off
   >
   >Thanks
   >
   >P.S
   >I am play ith Oracle JDeveloper 9i and Postgresql and I get error in
prepared
   >statement like this error :
   >(oracle.jbo.SQLStmtException) JBO-27123: SQL error during call statement
   >preparation.  Statement:  DELETE FROM org_ban WHERE "id"=?
   >
   >and pgsqlerror is :
   >(org.postgresql.util.PSQLException) Malformed stmt [DELETE FROM
org_ban WHERE
   >"id"=?] usage : {[? =] call <some_function> ([? [,?]*]) }
   >
   >I think that JDeveloper call CallableStatement for insert or delete
(select
   >and update work fine), but I don't know how.
   >
   >On Friday 06 September 2002 04:35 pm, Dave Cramer wrote:
   >

   >>Remove the quotes around id, and let me know what happens
   >>
   >>Dave
   >>
   >>On Fri, 2002-09-06 at 10:52, snpe wrote:
   >>

   >>>Hello Dave,
   >>>  There isn't any error.Program write 'Rows deleted 1', but row hasn't
   >>>been deleted
   >>>
   >>>Thanks
   >>>Haris Peco

    Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver");

    db = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql://spnew/snpe",

    PreparedStatement st = db.prepareStatement(stat);

    System.out.println("Rows deleted " + rowsDeleted);

    db.commit();

    st.close();

    db.close();

    try

    {

        PrepStatTest test = new PrepStatTest();

    }

    catch (Exception ex)

    {

        System.err.println("Exception caught.\n" + ex);

        ex.printStackTrace();

    }

majordomo@postgresql.org)