Re: HISTORY updated, 7.3 branded - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: HISTORY updated, 7.3 branded
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> OK, the HISTORY file is updated, and 7.3 is branded and ready for beta1.
>
> I used the same HISTORY categories Peter made in 7.2.  I liked them.
>
> Please review the HISTORY file.  I am sure there are improvements that
> can be made.

A few minor comments:

1. suggested rewording:

Table Functions
           Functions can now return sets, with multiple rows           and multiple columns.  You specify these
functionsin           the SELECT FROM clause, similar to a table or view.

2. couldn't find mention of:

Data Types and Functions
Add named composite type creation - CREATE TYPE typename AS (column
definition list)

Allow anonymous composite type specification at query runtime in the
table alias clause - FROM tablename AS aliasname(column definition list)

Add new API to simplify creation of C language table functions

Joe