Re: Pooling Prepared Statements - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From João Paulo Caldas Ribeiro
Subject Re: Pooling Prepared Statements
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
You are right. It's  1 statement -> 1 resultset at a time.

As Dave said: "A ResultSet object is automatically closed when the
Statement object
that generated it is closed, re-executed, or used to retrieve the next
result from a sequence of multiple results. "

My mistake.

Thanks.

JP

Michael Paesold wrote:

>João Paulo Caldas Ribeiro wrote:
>

>>Hi!
>>
>>Im sorry but: 1 connection -> 1 resultset at time.
>>You can have many statement associated to a connection but when you
>>execute the statemente you can only have 1 resultset associated to the
>>connection at time.
>>You can execute 2 statement using the same connection but you have to:
>>

>As far as I know, that is not correct. At least if the documentation is
>correct:
>
>"You can use a single Statement instance as many times as you want. You
>could create one as soon as you open the connection and use it for the
>connection's lifetime. But you have to remember that only one ResultSet can
>exist per Statement or PreparedStatement at a given time."
>(http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?jdbc-query.html)
>
>So it's not 1 connection -> 1 resultset at a time, but 1 statement -> 1
>resultset at a time. I would recommend reading the rest of the documention
>about JDBC (especially section 8.3.1)
>
>Regards,
>Michael Paesold

>subscribe-nomail command to majordomo@postgresql.org so that your
>message can get through to the mailing list cleanly

MobiComp - Mobile Computing & Wireless Solutions
phone: +351 253 305 250     fax: +351 253 305 251
web: http://www.mobicomp.com