Re: Pooling Prepared Statements - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Michael Paesold
Subject Re: Pooling Prepared Statements
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
João Paulo Caldas Ribeiro wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Im sorry but: 1 connection -> 1 resultset at time.
> You can have many statement associated to a connection but when you
> execute the statemente you can only have 1 resultset associated to the
> connection at time.
> You can execute 2 statement using the same connection but you have to:

As far as I know, that is not correct. At least if the documentation is
correct:

"You can use a single Statement instance as many times as you want. You
could create one as soon as you open the connection and use it for the
connection's lifetime. But you have to remember that only one ResultSet can
exist per Statement or PreparedStatement at a given time."
(http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?jdbc-query.html)

So it's not 1 connection -> 1 resultset at a time, but 1 statement -> 1
resultset at a time. I would recommend reading the rest of the documention
about JDBC (especially section 8.3.1)

Regards,
Michael Paesold