Re: C vs. C++ contributions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc Lavergne
Subject Re: C vs. C++ contributions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
 >> But we have decode():

It is a different decode function, more akin to "case when".
>> Just to give you a fair warning:  I'm not going to be in favor of
adding any "Oracle compatibility" functionality that overlaps with
existing and/or standardized functionality.

I wouldn't even dream of it. The last thing I want to do is turn
PostgreSQL into an Oracle clone. My aim is to provide a simplified
migration path from Oracle and to implement basic compatibility to
enable interoperability between the two DBs.