Two large files instead of one? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Patrik Kudo
Subject Two large files instead of one?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi!

I have a database in production with a lot of large objects happening. A
while ago we noticed that the database directory contained two files
with the name of the pg_largeobject oid, of which one had the sufix
".1". Is this a valid file? Is the table paged when reaching a certain
size or is it some kind of lost transaction/sort file? I noticed that
the timestamp of the file both are from today so I guess they should
both be there... I just want to make sure =)

More info:

select version();
                                version
  PostgreSQL 7.2.1 on i386-portbld-freebsd4.4, compiled by GCC 2.95.3

  select relname from pg_class where oid = 16404;
     relname
  pg_largeobject

# ls -l|sort +4 -n |tail -n2
-rw-------  1 pgsql  pgsql   465461248 Aug 28 09:20 16404.1