Re: 7.3 Cursors/ResultSets/CallableStatements - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Barry Lind
Subject Re: 7.3 Cursors/ResultSets/CallableStatements
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Dave,

We need to use a different syntax for how we build the query in 7.3 than
in 7.2 if we want to support functions returning resultsets.

Currently the code generates a query that looks like the following:

select func();

in 7.3 that becomes:

select * from func();

If the function is a regular function the results of the two queries are
the same.  However in 7.3 if the function returns a resultset you will
get back the resultset of the function instead of a result set that
contains one row and one column with the return value of the function.

thanks,
--Barry