Meaning og Logs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Suresh Gupta VG
Subject Meaning og Logs
Date
List pgsql-general

Hi List,

I got the logs as below from log file of PGSQL 7.4.2 on Solaris-9. Can any one please give the exact meaning of it. And I have not found the file any where on the server  “0000000400000072”.

LOG:  recycled transaction log file "0000000400000072"

And I found most of the logged file contains the following statements.

LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection

WARNING:  there is no transaction in progress

WARNING:  there is no transaction in progress

WARNING:  there is no transaction in progress

WARNING:  there is no transaction in progress

LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection

LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection

LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection

LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection

WARNING:  there is no transaction in progress

WARNING:  there is no transaction in progress

WARNING:  there is no transaction in progress

WARNING:  there is no transaction in progress

WARNING:  there is already a transaction in progress

WARNING:  there is already a transaction in progress

WARNING:  there is no transaction in progress

Can I get the exact date and time of these logged statements. And what is the meaning of these statements.

Regards,

G. V. Suresh Gupta

Innovative Technology Solutions(ITS), Zensar Technologies

Zensar Knowledge Park, Plot#5, MIDC IT Tower,

Kharadi, Off Nagar Road, Pune – 411014

Landline :  +91-20-66453471           | +91-9890898688

Email     :   suresh.g@zensar.com    | website:  www.zensar.com