Re: OSDB (was: Heap tuple header issues) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: OSDB (was: Heap tuple header issues)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Manfred Koizar wrote:
> On Wed, 07 Aug 2002 08:51:08 -0700, Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com>
> wrote:
>
>>I just grabbed a copy and followed the instructions as found on
>>sourceforge. Just search on OSDB. Get the source tarball and the 40MB
>>test dataset.
>

> Nothing special for PG?  That's good news.  I imagined there was some
> tweaking necessary;  don't remember where I got that impression from.
> Download started.

I only needed to do: ./configure --with-postgresql=/usr/local/pgsql make make install

and then osdb-pg --datadir /opt/src/osdb/data --postgresql=no_hash_index

> If I cannot get reliable results out of my slow old development
> machine, I'll come back to you.  Thanks.

IIRC the test takes 2 to 3 hours on my development machine which is a
1GHz Athlon, 512MB RAM, 7200 rpm IDE drives. If it becomes a problem for
you, let me know.

Joe