Re: int64 timestamp patch for contrib/pg_controldata - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: int64 timestamp patch for contrib/pg_controldata
Date
List pgsql-patches
> I thought they were in /contrib because we didn't want them by default
> in the admin's path.  They have to go looking for them to use them.  Is
> that still a valid concern?

May be a valid concern, but not the right solution.

If we are that worried about misuse, then we should have them print a
banner and prompt for confirmation. And have them accept a "-q" to just
shut up and do it.

                  - Thomas