Re: int64 timestamp patch for contrib/pg_controldata - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: int64 timestamp patch for contrib/pg_controldata
Date
List pgsql-patches
> Perhaps.  At the time they were written they were just quick hacks for
> debugging, but we've seen them needed often enough that maybe they need
> to be promoted.

Yes. Bruce, do you want to do the honors? Should we consider renaming
them at the time of the move? (probably not, but it is the right time to
ask)

> I think the right thing is to guess from resetxlog's own locale
> environment.  Properly documented, that at least provides a way to
> recover --- if the admin screws up, well, not much we can do.
> The timestamp type can be guessed from whatever pg_config data is
> compiled into pg_resetxlog.

Right. The locale guessing already happens as you suggest.

                    - Thomas