Re: Too frequent checkpoints ? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavan Deolasee
Subject Re: Too frequent checkpoints ?
Date
List pgsql-hackers

>> Also, the log says "checkpoints are occurring too frequently (0
>> seconds apart)". But that looks wrong too. Checkpoints are really
>> happening at 30 seconds apart and not 0 as the log message claims.
>
> I noticed that as well, and I think it might be a regression.  I'll
> run a bisection on it if I get a chance.

Looking further into it, seems there are two checkpoints happening almost immediately. The first happens because of
timeoutand the second happens immediately because of checkpoint segments (set to 1 in this case)

Given that no one has bothered to fix these issues, may be they are non issues after all.

Thanks,
Pavan