Re: newbie question - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Ignacio Coloma
Subject Re: newbie question
Date
List pgsql-sql
Transactions (well, recently mysql allows them but using propietary
extensions), foreign key relationships, subqueries, stored
procedures/triggers. MySQL lacks all of these.

On the other side, postgres is only ported on *nix platforms, but you
can put cygwin/cygipc on Windows, if that is the case. And mysql is
"friendlier", that means wrong column value types (INT_VALUE = '5') and
double quotes working as simple quotes, so it's easier to start with.

As far as I can remember.