Re: JDBC + PL/pgSQL ? - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Joachim Gabler
Subject Re: JDBC + PL/pgSQL ?
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi Daryl,

I don't know of a way to execute PL/pgSQL code without creating a PL/pgSQL function.

But you can create a function through the JDBC connection using Statement.execute("create function ....")

  Joachim

Daryl Beattie wrote:
Dear Dave and JDBC people,

Hi, I must apologize for not being entirely clear (truth is, I hit
Ctrl+Enter in Outlook before I was finished typing).
What I mean is; is it possible to create a Statement from a String
which contains PL/pgSQL code, and then execute that Statement. Thus, the
PL/pgSQL procedure is not stored in the database, but is being called
through the JDBC connection.
I know that in Oracle you can do this with their PL/SQL code, I was
just wondering if the PostgreSQL JDBC driver also supports this.
Thanks for your help. Sorry for the incomplete e-mail the first
time.

Sincerely,

Daryl.